Dr. Roy Rubinfeld was the first Washington, DC area ophthalmologist to become involved in the care of laser vision correction patients. He began that work in 1991 and has completed tens of thousands of surgeries since that time. Rubinfeld is recognized internationally for his work and has served as an expert in laser vision correction for The Washington Post, Newsweek, USA Today, Vogue, as well as on ABC Evening News, Good Morning America, The Today Show, and CNN, among others.
In 2008, Dr. Rubinfeld started his research on improved treatments for keratoconus and has lectured on this topic internationally and across the US. He now has 22 patent applications in this area of treatment.
Re:Vision - Roy Rubinfeld, MD is Dr. Rubinfeld's advanced specialty practice where he is honored to be entrusted with the care of his LASIK, Custom LASIK, PRK, ICLs, LASIK complication repair, and the keratoconus patients.
Dr. Rubinfeld's Timeline
- Completed Corneal Diseases and Surgery Fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia
- Chief Resident in Ophthalmology at Georgetown University Medical Center
- Joined Washington Eye Physicians & Surgeons as a Corneal Specialist
- Became first ophthalmologist in area involved in the care of laser vision correction patients
- Had laser vision correction himself
- Interviewed on The Today Show about LASIK
- Interviewed on CNN about "10 Years of LASIK"
- Became Director of Vision Correction Center
- Started research on improved treatments for keratoconus
- Organized the International Roundtable on advanced keratoconus treatments in Paris, France.
- Opened his advanced specialized practice, Re:Vision
- Meets you.
PROUD PART OF THE REFRACTIVE SURGERY COUNCIL
Re:Vision - Roy Rubinfeld, MD is proud to be part of the RSC Verified program. The seal reflects our commitment to providing you with the information you need to make the right decisions for your vision correction. The RSC Verified seal also represents a promise and a standard for information that is unbiased and based on the latest science. Information you read with the RSC Verified seal has been developed under the guidance of the Refractive Surgery Council and meets the highest standard for quality and accuracy. Information with the RSC Verified seal will ensure you have the information you need to make an informed decision about your vision correction options.